Monday, August 3, 2009

Maternity Leave!!!

Today is unofficially my first day of maternity leave. Since today is a stat holiday (Happy BC Day) tomorrow will be the first day I can sit at home and think about how I'm not at work. I'm sure it will be fantastic. My plan was actually to work a bit longer, but my midwife's advice was to take as much time as I could and to rest as much as possible before the big day. And after a week of extreme weather and cranky, sweaty kids I'm so glad to be done. Of course, my idea of "resting & relaxing" usually includes a "To Do" list but I'm not letting myself work on that until tomorrow....

Anyway, here is a picture of the approximate size of our baby, as well as a nice fruit visual... One of the baby websites has produce comparisons for each month of fetal growth - who knew the baby is the size of a honeydew melon? I find this somewhat humorous and slightly creepy. Enjoy!

I think this baby looks a little annoyed...


3 comments:

  1. Yay for Age and mat leave! Did you ever think this day would get here? I'm afraid I'm only good company on Fridays or weekends but maybe someday, eh. :) We had fun at the beach with you guys, let's do it again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adrianne & Gordie,

    Love following the baby 'bump'. You guys must be getting so excited - it's getting so close! Age - enjoy EVERY moment of maternity leave. And if you have to shelve your 'to do' lists in favour of a good nap - do it ! The payoff is well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More posts more posts! I'm a huge fan. :)

    ReplyDelete