Saturday, September 5, 2009

Due Date

Our due date came and went without much excitement... Technically our midwife is saying today is the due date so I'm hoping for some baby action at some point. I tried really hard to not think about the whole baby thing yesterday, but I am starting to get a bit antsy. My parents are here, Gordie's parents are waiting patiently in Victoria and I have a lot of well meaning strangers telling me how I can induce labor (it's not annoying at all).

Health wise, baby is doing well and so am I. We had what I'm hoping is our last prenatal appointment yesterday and found out the baby is probably between eight and nine pounds. Disturbing. Apparently it also has chubby thighs.

I actually feel great minus the crazy insomnia of the last week. I can't seem to sleep more than a few hours at a time, which is extremely frustrating as I know the whole "no sleep" thing is looming in the very near future. I have been waking up around 4:30 most mornings and basically doing whatever I can to make myself sleepy again. So far this morning I've read a magazine, stared at the wall and painted my nails. I'm hoping that doing this blog post will lull me back to sleep. Wish me luck...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, you should try drinking pineapple juice out of a coconut right before bed. That always works. Or eat a bag of sunflower seeds and slam back some agave nectar. Works EVERY time! Do it...

    -Philip T. Wellmeaning Stranger III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anthony, I started reading your comment and I was like "you've got to be kidding me, how dense is this person?? She just said she doesn't want advice!" And then I caught on... oh, it's a joke. You got me, got me good.

    I'll see you later today, Age, let me know if you want me to pick up anything on the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've placed a bet with Shelley that it will be either late tonight or the wee hours of tomorrow morning. I also guessed 7 lb 8 oz so I guess I'm wrong. I didn't allow for chubby thighs!

    Catch some sleep when you can Age! You'll be glad you did. Labour can be exhausting. Also, my best 'labour' advice (not that you asked) is to walk until you can't walk anymore. Gravity does amazing things. Should speed up labour & delivery. It worked for me!

    Big hugs from an anxious auntie!
    Mavis

    ReplyDelete
  4. So,I hear you are in labour Age. It's not labour day until tomorrow silly girl!

    Anyway, praying for a quick and blessed delivery and looking forward to meeting the little monkey.

    Big hugs and prayers for all of you,
    auntie m

    ReplyDelete